1) A few weeks ago, a vendor was rushing in after 4:00 PM to meet a deadline. Our office was officially closed to the public, but both Pat and I were still here. He thought the bid was for Purchasing, but in actuality it was a DPW RFB. We did not have any knowledge of the Project # or due date, so Pat called upstairs to determine if it was issued from DPW. I attempted to give him directions to the office but he was frazzled and rushing so I walked him up the stairwell and across the 2nd floor to the Engineering office. He thanked me numerous times for my help and for going out of my way after hours, and jokingly for giving him his exercise for the day. I told him I was more than happy to assist him and glad he made the deadline since he was leaving for vacation that night and would not be able to return the next day. - Testimonial by Renata
2) Thank you for the spectacular job you did in processing all the FOIA requests for us, and so quickly. What great assistance. Thanks!
- Valerie (Law Department) to Michele **
3) I wanted to let you know what great service I get from Mike Hackett in Central Duplicating. I can always count on Mike to follow my copying instructions to the letter, many of which are complicated and require switching of documents, etc. and when I need “rush” service, he is always accommodating and helpful.
The last duplicating job I required included copying and binding contract sets which included both 8 1/2” x 11” and 11” x 17” documents. After binding, I manually fold the 11 x 17 sheets to fit the 8 1/2 x 11 size so that the bound contracts are compact with no overhang of paper. Sometimes there are up to 50 of these sheets to be folded for each of five sets of a contract. To my great pleasure and surprise, when I went to pick up the job, the 11” x 17” sheets were already folded into the bound contracts. When I asked Mike how he had done this, he stated that he had done some research into the capabilities of the new duplicating machine and found a way to have the copier fold the sheets exactly as I did by hand.
Talk about great customer service! Mike went above and beyond to help me and make my job much easier and I just wanted to let you know how very much it is appreciated.
- Pat (Purchasing) about Mike H.
4) I would like to express to you my highest compliments for the professional and prompt service we get from your staff.
Namely Jim Latham , and the unbelievable courtesy and prompt attention we receive from Pat Fidelibus.
I’ve been involved with town government in more than one way the last 35 years and Pat is the very best I have ever dealt with.
- Dave (Griff Golf Course)
5) Today Sandy Senior in Purchasing took a call from a potential bidder. This person had no experience in going onto the Town’s website to look for available bids. Sandy walked him through going onto the Town’s website and showed him how to view and print individual bids, in addition she showed him how to go onto the State of Connecticut’s website to view all of the different bidding opportunities state-wide.
This individual thanked Sandy profusely for all of the additional time she took with him.
- Joan (Director of Purchasing and Administrative Services)